A/B Testing at RentalCars

A/B Testing at RentalCars

A/B Testing at RentalCars

Role: Senior UX Designer 

Role: Senior UX Designer 

Role: Senior UX Designer 

Role: Senior UX Designer 

When I joined the Insurance team, the Insurance ‘attach’ rate (ie how many people book insurance with their car rental) was at a record low, following some legally enforced changes as to how the product was sold. Insurance makes up a large chunk of overall revenue, so I was brought in to help get the attach rate back up. In a series of 2-week sprints over a year, our team ran hundreds of A/B experiments on the main site, and the attach rate got steadily higher throughout the year, surpassing expectations.

I used Power BI, ClickTale and Google Analytics to filter and interpret the data coming in from the experiments. Along with surveys and user-testing (WhatUsersDo, Usabilla), we had a solid base to inform our always-evolving hypotheses.

I ran UX workshops with team members - benchmarking, experience mapping, card-sorting, crazy-8s, dot marking, etc - then worked up ideas quickly in Sketch, using a design system (and Abstract for version control), and prototyped in Invision.

I held weekly sessions with members of the Copy & Legal teams to edit the designs into compliance, and to get sign-off.

I coded up MVP prototypes using CSS/HTML/JS (to AA accessibility standards), and set up a Zeplin-based workflow for more complex dev builds.

I worked with the Premium team for 3 months, designing a fully compliant customer journey for a major new business initiative called ‘Packages’.

I worked with the ‘Replatforming’ team on a site-wide UX/UI refresh. In a series of sprints we defined and designed the new Insurance/Packages experience.

When I joined the Insurance team, the Insurance ‘attach’ rate (ie how many people book insurance with their car rental) was at a record low, following some legally enforced changes as to how the product was sold. Insurance makes up a large chunk of overall revenue, so I was brought in to help get the attach rate back up. In a series of 2-week sprints over a year, our team ran hundreds of A/B experiments on the main site, and the attach rate got steadily higher throughout the year, surpassing expectations.

I used Power BI, ClickTale and Google Analytics to filter and interpret the data coming in from the experiments. Along with surveys and user-testing (WhatUsersDo, Usabilla), we had a solid base to inform our always-evolving hypotheses.

I ran UX workshops with team members - benchmarking, experience mapping, card-sorting, crazy-8s, dot marking, etc - then worked up ideas quickly in Sketch, using a design system (and Abstract for version control), and prototyped in Invision.

I held weekly sessions with members of the Copy & Legal teams to edit the designs into compliance, and to get sign-off.

I coded up MVP prototypes using CSS/HTML/JS (to AA accessibility standards), and set up a Zeplin-based workflow for more complex dev builds.

I worked with the Premium team for 3 months, designing a fully compliant customer journey for a major new business initiative called ‘Packages’.

I worked with the ‘Replatforming’ team on a site-wide UX/UI refresh. In a series of sprints we defined and designed the new Insurance/Packages experience.

When I joined the Insurance team, the Insurance ‘attach’ rate (ie how many people book insurance with their car rental) was at a record low, following some legally enforced changes as to how the product was sold. Insurance makes up a large chunk of overall revenue, so I was brought in to help get the attach rate back up. In a series of 2-week sprints over a year, our team ran hundreds of A/B experiments on the main site, and the attach rate got steadily higher throughout the year, surpassing expectations.

I used Power BI, ClickTale and Google Analytics to filter and interpret the data coming in from the experiments. Along with surveys and user-testing (WhatUsersDo, Usabilla), we had a solid base to inform our always-evolving hypotheses.

I ran UX workshops with team members - benchmarking, experience mapping, card-sorting, crazy-8s, dot marking, etc - then worked up ideas quickly in Sketch, using a design system (and Abstract for version control), and prototyped in Invision.

I held weekly sessions with members of the Copy & Legal teams to edit the designs into compliance, and to get sign-off.

I coded up MVP prototypes using CSS/HTML/JS (to AA accessibility standards), and set up a Zeplin-based workflow for more complex dev builds.

I worked with the Premium team for 3 months, designing a fully compliant customer journey for a major new business initiative called ‘Packages’.

I worked with the ‘Replatforming’ team on a site-wide UX/UI refresh. In a series of sprints we defined and designed the new Insurance/Packages experience.